Friday, June 17, 2011

Dreams May Go



Product of a sleepless night! My cousins girl is having a birthday so I made this. I saw a video on Tim Holz's site, a tutorial for the paper rose and really want to give it a try...and of course I don't have the sizzix machine to cut out the same kind of flower to start with, but I found one on the "Mother's Day 2010" Cartridge by Cricut and got it right the first time! I had to create my own tag on my Gypsy and I'm not familiar enough to create the mat to go along with it since I had to tweek this one so much to get it right. Wish there was some way to just enlarge the whole thing....but it just doesn't work that way even when you "weld" the images. Oh well, maybe one of these days I'll do the whole thing over only 1/4 inch bigger. The leaves for the rose are cut from the "Picturesque" Cart. (Cricut). The lace running down the green strip is some hemming tape I had laying around. The Background Paper is from Bo Bunny, the green is some scraps from a K & Co. stack I have, Vintage Photo, Victorian Velvet, and Wild Honey Ink from Ranger, the pearls are from Basic and the ribbon from JoAnn's. The stamp is from Verve's "Blue Skies" set. Whoever designed the background paper must have used Copic markers.....I tried everything to match the green in the set but to no avail...so I just used white cardstock and then went around it with a Copic....which matched exactly. There is an image cut from Cricuts "Paper Lace" cartridge (Happy Birthday) on the inside and I colored in the spaces with Copics and they matched the colors in the paper. I'm going to submit this for Mojo Monday even though the sketch is rotated....I see people do it even when their card doesn't even come close to the sketch so I figure I might as well join in. Keep craftin'......Keep happy! Thanks for stopping by.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment