Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Erica's Birthday Card


My daughter, Erica visits my blog once in awhile and she was asking me why her Birthday card was not up on my blog....I added some of my older (well, before I started my blog) cards when I first started but I didn't go back past Valentine's Day so I told her I would get this up. She is crazy about Butterflies, and teal, and I like to play around with making paper flowers so I made this for her Birthday. The stamps are from various sets of my clear stamps, all different styles so I mixed them up. Two are from Inkadinkadoo, one from Fiskars along with the Butterfly Kisses sentiment. I stamped the sentiment and then designed the banner to fit it since it had the curvy thing going on and looked like it belonged on a banner, it's been so long since I did it I don't remember the paper company.....I keep all the different left over pieces in a file folder and will go through that before I start any project and these were both out of that folder.....most the time the company name has been cut off so I don't really know who made it.....ooops. I do remember that the banner had been from a double sided paper and I used my Prismacolor pencils to add the shading. Of course I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink from Ranger to ink the edges of the flowered paper....my favorite thing to do! The flower is made from some paper in a stack from K & Co. I cut the petals using an egg shape on the Cricut Easter 2010 Cartridge and then cut off the smaller end and shaped them with an embossing tool from Fiskar to feather and curl the edges of the petals. I then wrapped and glued them together to make the rose bud. I have since discovered a much easier way to make a rose from a Tim Holtz video! The leaves are just plain green CS that I cut out with deckle shears from Personal Stamp Exchange and then took the embossing tool to shape them. The box I made for the card to go into is on the bottom left of the card ( She also likes the peachy colors and that CS is from a K & Co. Specialty Paper Stack that all the patterns are either Butterflies or Dragonflies. Very pretty with foil accents on some of them. The Butterflies are colored in with Marvy Markers....all I had before I discovered the joys of Copics! So, here you go Erica! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment