Friday, June 10, 2011

Life's a Beach


Mojo Monday Sketch 6-6-2011

OK, so I didn't exactly follow the sketch, I was going to, had some other papers cut out and everything.....but I just didn't "feel" it. I had originally wanted to go with blue, lightly patterned papers in between some cutesy floral on really light backgrounds and picked the light blue as one of the strips, I just love the color. It reminds me of a summer day and that's where I was at.....thinking of a summer day when my Honey came home. Time to think about dinner instead. We watched part of the CMT Awards last night and one of the back drops for a song was kind of like a sea scene....and it came to me....the scallops at the bottom remind me of waves. Yee Haw, an idea! Instead of going to bed last night (oops) I stayed up to create. I drew a little sketch of what I thought I wanted and this is what happened. I've had the blue paper I used for the water for a year or two but have never had the chance to use it (It's supposed to be for an album page for the pictures from the trip to the coast we took 2 years ago!)There were supposed to be a couple of puffy clouds, but I have discovered that I need to get a puffy cloud stamp after trying a little freehand....my seagulls came out rather well. I made two to make up for the lack of clouds! I decided to distress the strips for the sky because I kind of liked the idea of vertical and horizontal stripes and with the pattern the strips just didn't stand out on their own (and the last strip from the edge was printed with some distress). The sun is a little whimisical stamp from Fiskars "Flower Garden" set, the sand edge is one of my old "D. O. T. S." stamps, and the greenery is from Rubber Stampede. I popped the sun and the sand with some 3M dimentional tape and there you have it. I wanted to put "Oh Happy Day" down in the sand, but just couldn't figure out where to put it, so I let it be......I'll put it in the inside. There is also a little Stardust Stickles along the top edges of the sand.

Stamps: Fiskars, Rubber Stampede, and D. O. T. S.
Paper: Paper Pizzaz, white CS.
Ink: Chipped Sapphire - Ranger, Memento - Tuxedo Black.
Accesories" Copic markers.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. Now I want to go to the beach. I just found your site from the challenge site. Just dropping by to see your card. Just lovely. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete