Sunday, October 4, 2015

Xmas15

Decided to do a little Christmas crafting and wanted to do a little elegant.  I bought a magazine from Tattered Lace, their Christmas Edition, last month and their mags always come with 1 or more dies. This one came with a trio of dies for making poinsettias.  Nothing special about that but these are the first ones that are not huge, it's the reason I bought the magazine....anyway, as soon as it got here I made a poinsettia.  It's been sitting at my work station (laughingly called a work station...it's my little piece of organized chaos where I escape and play) on top of my box of "extra" stuff, being just adorable and pretty.  In between making Dave's card and shopping on Create and Craft, I tried out a stamp I got on sale from the Demon Station ( I call it that because it is sucking up all my extra funds).  It is from a Heartfelt Creations set they came up with back in May I think, I watched it being demoed and it's a beautiful set, but most of their stuff is geared towards making 8 X 8 inch cards, some more so than others.  This was one of those so I gave it a miss until...........they had a sale on individual pieces so I picked up this stamp set "Sparkling Poinsettia Swirl".  It was 50% off, what's a stampaholic supposed to do?  It's been setting in my Heartfelt Creations bin for a little over a month so I grabbed a piece of scrap white CS and tried it out with gold embossing powder.  It was everything I hoped for and as I sat there thinking about how I would use it, I spied the little flower just aching to be used and low and behold...it's the perfect size to fit over the stamped image.  It had to be shelved since I was still working on Dave's card (65 candles all had to be glittered and assembled, then glued down) , then I felt guilty about posting Dave's card on Mojo Monday.....it was a tall and skinny but it wasn't even close to the sketch, so I made another that fit the bill.  Then I was free to play with this.




You can't tell by this picture, but the card is folded so that the front is 3 1/2 X 5 1/2 and the inside is 5 X 5 1/2.  The reason I decided to do it this way is because if I did the standard 4 1/4 X 5 X 1/2 the front panel would take up too much of the front by itself.  The background paper is from BoBunny and is lovely on it's own and needed to have at least some of it showing!  I layered it up with some gold mirrored card stock for that touch of elegance and some jewels by Studio G.

Here's the inside



Both the stamped images were on white CS but the BoBunny paper is kind of a cream background so I took some Distress Ink, Antique Linen, and started from the outside in almost to the center.  Leaving a little white in the center just gives it a little glow and adds some dimension.  I followed this up with some Vintage photo, the inside is blinged up with a little ribbon and a poinsettia sticker from Jolee's.

I tied the little layered bow on the front with the mini Bow Maker from Embellishment Attic
and the piece of border is from K&C Company.

I don't know if anyone will see this since I am not submitting it to any challenge.....unless is fits Mojo Monday's this coming week...so if you do happen to blunder across it, please leave a comment to let me know someone was here!  

Thanks a bunch, stay crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment