Sunday, October 11, 2015

mojo418

This card is for my Granddaughter Kelsey.  She likes hearts, she likes pink...and butterflies...in that order, so I was told..by her.  I saw this sketch and decided it would be perfect for her, I would use hearts instead of stars and put a butterfly somewhere.  I knew exactly what I was going to do.  Just like every other "sure" thing, it wasn't.  Oh well, after perusing my stash of paper (my significant other is always asking "Why are you buying more paper?  You've got paper in those drawers, and those drawers, and in those drawers and stacked over there and there and there.......)  I can't find what I want.  I just want a simple white background with little pink flowers.  I DON'T HAVE ANY.  So I made my own.  I have D.O.T.S. stamps from way back before they were CTMH.  They had the cutest little whimsical stamps......anyway, I have this set called The Victorian set that has flowers, tea pots, hat boxes, shoes, frames, hats, there are 30 of them and they are all on 1" square wood mounts.  Kelsey and I had them out a couple of weeks ago and she had to stamp each one...twice.  I thought that I could find one of them to make a background paper.  The rose is not as small as I wanted but it worked OK and then I thought I would use butterflies for the background for the 4.  I got the card assembled and didn't like it.  I just plain didn't like it...the butterflies just were not the right style..even though I love the Verve butterflies.  Heavy sigh.  So I disassembled the card and stamped a smaller version of the flower in bundles for the 4.  I like it much better.  The butterflies will go on the inside on some acetate to make it look like they are flying.  I will edit this to show the inside when it is finished.  So......images are DOTS.......plain CS in pink and white, hearts are cut from the George and Simple Shapes cartridge on the Cricut and the 4 is from the Songbird Cart.  Lace and ribbon from JoAnn's.  Also used, Ranger Distress Ink, Vintage Photo.



Ta Ta for now....come back and see the inside!



Here's the inside




2 comments:

  1. Such a darling little birthday card! I totally loved those DOTS sets with little square stamps, those were some of my first ever stamps! Such a pretty background. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were my first stamps also, my cousin talked me into going to a demonstration with her, all the while I am thinking "Stamping is for kids". Boy howdy was I wrong....about a couple of thousand dollars wrong! Thank God for hostess credit and half price. Anyway...Thanks for taking a peek at my work, and I think you have the best blog for sharing. I have gotten more inspiration from my visits than I can remember....and loaded with talent to boot. Big fan here.

      Delete