Sunday, October 18, 2015

mojo419

This card was made using my "October 31" cartridge for my Cricut Expression.  This cartridge is one of the less expensive ones, I forget what they call them but they don't have a box, just come in the acetate.  The house is cool, but it cuts out the windows and stuff and it's just see through so I had to do some piecing for yellow windows, same with the Jack O' Lantern and the pumpkins




I started out with some watercolor paper and painted the background.  I got a little carried away when I trimmed it so I could get a sidewalk in, I wanted more bats and more lawn.  As it is I had to squish my pumpkins together and you can't tell here in the picture that there are two of them, one in back of the tree and one in front.  You might see a little more of the details if you click on the picture to get a larger view.  The sidewalk is some grey cardstock I ran through the Tim Holtz bricks embossing folder (Sizzix) and used some Distress Ink (Black Soot) to bring out the detail.  I cut out some white cardstock in the shape of the Jack O' Lantern so I could put some light in it.  I used Distress Inks and started out with Mustard Yellow and then used some Wild Honey about halfway in and then finished with Rusty Hinges so it would have that "glow".  I used some Rusty Hinges on the outside to give a little definition to the shape.

Happy Hauntings!

No comments:

Post a Comment