Friday, March 25, 2016

mojo440

Here is my Mojo Monday 440 card.  I made a card for last week too but I never got around to posting it so I'm adding it below also.

I started out with some basic black CS from "The Paper Company".  Is this stuff getting lighter or what?  I guess that's what you get when crafting on a budget.  Anyway, after you layer it it gets heavier.....I matted with some mirri card in gold then a deep purple.  I got some gold foiled vellum with one of the Kanban Kits and I just love it and wanted to use some here since this card is for an old friend.  I had been going through a paper pad I got from Hunkydory and it had a sheet with this colorful butterfly and I really loved the colors so I decided from the beginning that it would be my focal point.  I used an Anna Griffin border embossing folder on the mirri card for the middle strip and matted with black and purple CS.  I did same with the two panels.  It is the design on the flip side of the butterfly.  It's pretty busy so a little goes a long way!  I added some glossy accents to the body of the butterfly, and some stickles to the wings which didn't show up in the photo so I guess I didn't go overboard.



My circles in the middle are not perfect as you can see, I have some spellbinder's circles, but I don't want a 1/4 mat so I have to cut them out by hand....the only perfect one is the mirri card (gold).  This prompted me to go buy a circle cutter today.  Thank God JoAnn's had a sale and I had a coupon for another 20% off the entire order including sale items.  It's not a perfect solution but I'll have to work on the technique for using one, totally botched the first one I tried to cut....it was only scrap paper so what the heck.  I would like to have some circle dies from Tattered Lace but a set runs about $40.  They run in 1/8 inch intervals and have about 15 dies so it's worth the price, just don't have the funds right now.



Here's the card for last week's sketch.....




The stamp is from Heartfelt Creations, colored in with Copics, the border die is from Creative Expressions, the Bow die is from Tattered Lace, the butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch, and paper from Heartfelt Creations Sunrise Lillies Pad.  I added some drops for pearls..they are from Tonic called Nuvo Crystal Drops.  I have had the best luck with these, I have tried the Liquid Pearls but always end up with what looks like Hereshey Kisses, and then got some stuff called "Perlin Pen" that ends up the same way just not as bad.  The Nuvo levels out very nicely and makes little round mounds like it's supposed to, I'm a happy camper and they come it a ton of colors.

Time to plan my next project, Thank for stopping by and taking a look.  Stay Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment