Monday, August 17, 2015

Purple?

No, my favorite color is NOT purple....but...as happens so often.......stuff happens.  I had this card base set up for the round bird but the purple was not the right shade.   I ended up going more with a lavender on that one so I put this one aside.   Then I colored the flower, intending on putting it on the unused card base, but the background just didn't look right with the picture, so I made a new one for that.  Today I set out to use it no matter what.  I really have respect for people who sit down and make a card.......boom.....an hour and it's done.  It takes me FOREVER to get things the way I think it should be.......finding the right paper, the right shapes, the right stamp.  Sometimes I've seen something I'd like to try but get frustrated and end up doing it three different ways.  It's always a process with me.  Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.   This one fell together pretty simply, probably because it's fairly simple.   Here it is


Thanks go out to Julee at Verve for leaving a nice comment and showing me that someone looks in once in awhile, and for having great stuff.  The sweet little butterfly is one of her's and it has a coordinating die (yeah) and the little banner tag is also from one of her die sets.  The flower stamp is from The Paper Studio.  Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do for the new Mojo Monday Sketch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment