Saturday, August 8, 2015

I Like Hearts

My little Granddaughter found one of the Valentine cards I made for my son and brought it out to me and said "I like hearts, I like pink hearts."  She is 3 years old. So I made this card for her.





I decided it needed a butterfly so I added one to the bow



I really need a new camera or better lights!  I hope she likes it.  She probably will.....for about 5 minutes then she'll go about her business, she's only 3 after all.  I just love these papers I got from Heartfelt Creations, well the whole set.  I ordered the Vintage Floret collection and got a set of stamps that are used to assemble roses....the small one here is an example and you get the die that cuts out around the stamps.  The latest collections include stamps that stamp out multiple sizes all in one stamp and then the dies cut them all out out at once, but this one is not that way...darn.  But it's still pretty slick.  I can make roses from the little buds clear up to about 3 inches across.  The paper pad that goes along with it is pretty awesome too.....It has full 12x12 pages of really pretty paper and the colors are all coordinated to work together and then they have pages that are like panels to put on cards or matted for photos.....partial layouts for scrapbooks...it's pretty cool.  Then there are tags, journal spaces, strips for borders.  I usually like to do my own things, but if I was needing a card in a hurry it sure makes it easy to just throw one together and have it turn out beautiful.  The little panel in the center that the heart and flower is on is from the set.  It had a little rose in the corner so I just added the leaves and the sweet little rose on top and it's got the framing already there.   The heart is a stamp from Verve, the "Hugs" is from the same set.  I just love their stuff too.  The Butterfly is from a set I got from Hero Arts.  I just love these coordination dies, saves me from the dreaded fussy cutting!  I punched out the little hearts from some of the scraps I had left, colored some gems to match and stuck them on.  

Thanks for stopping and looking...stay inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment