Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mojo268

Another Mojo Monday!  Yeah, I've actually managed to make one a week... at least.   I'm posting last weeks because I couldn't get it posted since I made it for my Cousin's Birthday and I didn't want anyone to see it until after she did....not that she even visits my blog, but you never know.  This weeks sketch was a little hard for me.  I looked at it and saw snowflakes.....but then a whole lot of other people saw the same thing.  I will save the sketch and make some snowflake cards for me but I wanted to do something other than  what everyone else did and got stumped.  I realized this morning that my daughter's friend is having his Birthday on Thanksgiving this year and had totally spaced it off...with that in mind I set out with Thanksgiving in mind...back to the fall colors!  This card is NOT what I had originally intended, the only thing that stayed was the turkey but I won't bore you with the details of my chaotic thought process.


The Turkey is cut with the Cricut "Thanksgiving" cartridge.  The patterned papers may have been a little much but I didn't want him to be boring.  The background is a tan CS that I used a Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder from Sizzix on.  I roughed up the surface a little with a sanding block then ran my brayer through some Vintage Photo Distress Ink that was watered down just a little and ran it across a couple of times to bring out the wood grain.  I really liked the way it turned out.  I cut the leaves with Spellbinder's "Assorted Leaves" dies, stamped some veins on them and inked them up with Distress Inks...Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo.  I got a package of feathers a long time ago and I happened to spy them on my rummaging foray so I thought they would work well with the whole Turkey theme but they were shades of grey...you can color almost anything with Copic markers!  I added a button with hemp twine and there you go.  The patterned paper used on the Turkey is from the Fall Pack from DCWV, the twiggy stuff is from Basic Gray.  You can't see it here but I used a little stickles on the dots around the turkey....gotta have some sparkle.

A close up of the leaves and feathers.



Here's last week's card that I made with the #267.







I love to work with fall colors and paper.....can you tell?

Happy Thanksgiving to all, may God Bless you with abundance.

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are AMAZING!! So many awesome elements on them.. I love those feathers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! I was lucky to have stumbled over the feathers.....they seem to have worked well, not what I had originally intended but I won't go there!!!

      Delete