Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mojo2

My second Mojo card!   Just had to do a Shabby Chic with this sketch and I actually got it done in time to post!

The background paper is from the Luxury Stack from DCWV, the floral is unknown (a scrap), and the other 2 are from the Tres Chic Stack, also from DCWV.  The CS is Bazzil Basics..which I had to drive 45 miles one way to get (yes, I am a little crazy, or rather OCD) since I couldn't find the right color of green to match the floral paper.  All three matched but I couldn't decide which one to use so I used all three.  Easier than spending hours trying to make a decision.....that's why it takes me all day to make one card.  (Heavy sigh)  I will never be able to make a living at this!  Another dilemma.......not the right shade of green for the ribbon either but I didn't know that until AFTER I got back....the actual color is much closer to the mid-color green than what shows in the picture, I took some white organza ribbon and colored it with a Copic marker.  I wish I had the money to buy all the ribbon I think I need!  I also had a 50% off coupon so I used it to buy the Floral Ovals set from Spellbinders so I had to use it.....The little flowers and leaves are make with Fiskars punches, the sentiment is from Verve's Circular Sayings.  I was originally going to use the Birthday Wishes stamp from the same set but changed my mind because the words on the square piece lent itself more to the Thinking of you.  Welcome to my chaotic mind.  I finished off the bow with a small button and some hemp twine. Oh, there is some Diamond stickles in the flower centers, and I used Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I guess that about covers it all.  Hope you had a great weekend and a BIG Thank You to all the Veterans who have served for us!   I guess I will have to use tomorrow's sketch to make a Thank You card!!!!!  (Maybe) lol.

2 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeous shabby chic card, so awesome...hope you have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete