Tuesday, March 5, 2019

mojo 510

Well, it took me awhile to get to having fun but I finally got a card done.



My attempt at "smooshing" failed, I probably don't have the right kind of ink.  I just threw some Dusty Concord down on the silicone mat and spritzed it then shoved the cardstock on it.  I was going to add a little Faded Jeans with it but figured it would just turn a darker purple so I opted to use some background stamps called "Splat".  Still used the Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans Distress Inks.  I don't know who made the stamps, they are either Fiskars or Hero Arts if I remember correctly.  I used my blending tool to put the Dusty Concord on the sentiment  -  Had to cut a piece of cardstock since the sentiment didn't show up well on the background, even with using embossing powder.  So I "quieted" it down some and it stamped beautifully.  This is a wonderful stamp from Julee, one of her Verve stamps.  Funny how you can do the same thing and it turns out different.....the first background  paper is cold pressed watercolor paper, and the small square is just some scrap white CS.  They came out with 2 different colors, two different mediums so it is to be expected.  The butterfly dies are from BoBunny.  I just made some more colored cardstock with the Distress Inks and cur out the two and layered them up.  You can't see it here but I used some Nuvo Crystal Drops, Navy Blue, on the corners of the small square, just looked a little bare to me. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the inside.   My Grandson LOVES purple and his BD is coming up in April sooooooo......

1 comment:

  1. That background is fabulous... I don't think you failed at all! Love those splats, and of course so delighted to see a little Verve! Thanks so much for joining me for Mojo Monday. It's such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete