Saturday, April 23, 2016

Mojo444

Here's my take on the sketch.......I was thinking about when I first started out making cards (other than in school!) and being "guilted" into having a D.O.T.S. Demonstration at my house because I missed the one at my cousin's.  I just didn't think it would be something I was interested in, remembering the little rubber stamps I used when I was young....they never stamped an image that was worth coloring in and I never really played around with them much so I was not looking forward to this evening at all.  Much to my surprise, quality really does matter and I was hooked.  This focal stamp was in the first order and was always my favorite so I decided I needed to use it no matter what, it had been too long.  My wooden stamps are in a Sterlite chest of drawers and I rarely use them only because it's much easier to go through my stash of clear and cling stamps to find what I want.  The wooden stamps I use a lot have been transferred to cling mounts just for that reason.  So, this stamp did not lend itself to a circle since it would be huge and blot out the panels so I just went with a rectangle instead.  The background paper and panels both come from a CD I just got from Tattered Lace.  The background is actually yellow with tiny little GREEN leaves although they show up kind of tan in the picture.  The card is 5 X 7 in black CS.  I think the black just pops the bright colors when you mat with it and a real thin mat doesn't detract much from the overall look.  The focal stamp is called Springtime Spray and was stamped 3 times so I could 3D the little bow.  I layered it with some little pieces of heavy CS instead of foam so it wouldn't jump out too much.  The banners are just some scraps I had on my work space.  I may add some little jewels in the 2 opposing corners but the jury is still out on that, I kind of like the simple look.  The inside of the card is the full panel that I reduced the opacity so I could write in it.  Not sure what it will be used for yet but you can bet it will be for something Springy.  I also used a Nuvo glue pen and added some glitter I also got in that first order called Prisma glitter.   Super, super fine and kind of transparent although it looks a little pink on the paper and shines iridescent.












So that was my Mojo Project this week, Stay Crafty and have a great Weekend.
Thanks for stopping by.

Loralei

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful background papers and focal panel. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete