Sunday, April 17, 2016

Mojo443#2

I ordered some printed vellum paper made by Kanban and I have to say that they are the prettiest vellums I have ever seen.  They have this pearlescent sheen to them, I hope I captured even a fraction of it in the pictures.  I got a new camera for Christmas, it's a Canon EOS and is pretty fancy - takes good pictures....outside.  I spend my extra (Ha Ha) cash on papercrafting but will have to eventually find an economical way to make a light box.  I have seen a few examples on the web but need to do a little more research.  My manual talks about bounce lights and such but I won't even look at the price for those!  I'm getting really tired of not being able to capture my cards the way they look to the naked eye.  OK, life is too short to whine.  This is has some cheat elements on it......I took the round picture of the roses with it's frame on put it on here as the focal point.  It is from Kanban's Antique Florals kit.  Sorry, but I really like the artwork and pictures and want to use them.  I started out with Mojo Monday Sketch, but ended up with something a little different so there's a little me in it...same with the card, I may have started out with something but had to build something around it so it makes it...me.  I refuse to think of it as cheating as some would say.  My inspiration was the vellum and I went from there.  Everything is Kanban (paper) the butterflies are Bo bunny (the swallowtale, my favorite butterfly die) and Hero Arts.  I also used some Vintage Photo Distress Inks to do a little distressing and some Offray ribbon.  The frame is popped with some dimensional tape from Scotch.  there isn't any sentiment on it yet because I haven't decided what kind of card it is.....Birthday, Thinking of you, Sympathy, what have you.  I'm leaning more towards sympathy.  What do you think?











Here I used a flashlight to try to highlight the "sheen".






Here is a little closer up.








Thanks for stopping by,
Have a great week, see ya tomorrow for another sketch.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful papers! Love the Victorian, vintage feel to your card! Thanks so much for joining us at Mojo Monday! P.S. I don't use a light box and only have a small Canon PowerShot camera but I do have Photoshop Elements software that I can adjust the lighting to my photos. Without that software, my pictures were never suiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is stunning! Love all the gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete