Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Dave's 65

This is the first type of 3D card I've tried so far, I've made an explosion box or two but I saw this on an ad for a DVD on Create and Craft and just had to try one.  I bought the DVD and there are a lot of  cool folder cards on it that I may or may not try.  Who knows.  I have new dies from Creative Expressions that I will be playing with in the next couple of weeks so.....The base of this card is a lot easier that it looks, but I'll tell you, there are 65 candles on this card and I glittered each flame and glued them on.....whew, then had to arrange and glue each one on individually.  Each one of the cardstocks came with the DVD from a company called "Hot Off the Press".  I know I've heard that name before but I've never had any of their products.  Anyway....this card turned out OK, but it's not exactly how I had invisioned.  He's gonna love it though.



This is what it looks like folded up.  Looks better laying down and surprisingly enough, lays pretty flat, I could mail this!





And here it is opened up














Kind of an overview.  The candles are on strips that go across the inside of the box.  There are supposed to be 2 but I had to improvise and add another one.  The "65" is one acetate so it looks like it is floating.....somwhat.

The front and inside corners are cut with my Cricut (I don't remember which cart!) so were the candles (Wrap it up)  and the "65" (Blackletter).  The Stars are cut from the Starry Skies die from Verve.  The frames on the outside front were cut with Spellbinder's Labels One dies and the words came with the Hot Off the Press Kit.

I guess that's all.  Bless you for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment