Friday, September 7, 2012

Dani Pooh

It's been awhile since I've added anything, the last 3 years have really been trying.  For those of you who don't know me...in September of 2009 I had a lung infection that wiped out all but 30% of my lungs and am now on disability and oxygen, then lost my Mom 2 months later to Pancreatic Cancer.  In March of 2010, I lost my daughter.  She was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 2 1/2 years and we fought with and for her until she was finally certified cured in 2003 (11 years).  Her cause of death is still unknown, general consensus was an electrolyte imbalance due to dehydration.  I used to think I could get some closure if I just knew for sure why she is no longer with me, but have come to the conclusion that I just am having a hard time with having that hole in my heart, no matter the whys or wherefores.  She was 3 months shy of her 21st Birthday.  This past June I lost my sister to a rare form of Brain Cancer.  Losing loved ones is a part of life and I have lost quite a few people that were dear to my heart and have managed to work through it, but I struggle everyday with the loss of my Daughter.
This one's for you Danielle.  



I saw a card on one of my midnight forays into the blogosphere, that was centered mainly on texture.  I really liked it so I thought I would try it myself.  I started out with plain black and white CS and hauled out the embossing folders and chose these three to use (all 3 are from Sizzix) and then sponged on Ranger's Distress Ink (Spun Sugar) to pop it out.  I used black CS for the Spellbinder's Floral Doily die, cut out the circle with my Cricut used some more Spun Sugar Ink.  The sentiment is from Verve's "Circular Sayings" set and the little black gems are from Studio G.  I put it together and thought it needed a little more and had found these little ribbon flowers in the sewing section of JoAnns, the little ribbon leaves are some scraps I had, I think it is from Offray.

I hadn't gotten anything posted for awhile because I had to tear down my little photo area and didn't get it back up until today.  I have crafted quite a few cards but didn't get them photographed and now they are gone but I managed to make some more and got pictures taken of them so I will be posting some more this week.

2 comments:

  1. Loralei, my heart goes out to you. I will keep you in my prayers. I had noticed that you hadn't posted in a long while, neither had I.
    This card is lovely. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working with my hands is solace for me, I need to do more. I haven't quit, just haven't been able to take the pictures! Hope you get back into posting soon......maybe you have been side-tracked by summer? Thank you for the kind wishes, I need all the prayers I can get.

    ReplyDelete