Thursday, February 24, 2011

Watching TJ

Didn't get to play around with the paper today, I frequently suffer from insomnia and was up late last night uploading pictures of the Valentine's so I had a few naps during the day.  This  afternoon I had a visit with my youngest Grandson, TJ which was loads of fun.  He's not yet 2 but almost there and loves to go outside.  It warmed up enough, and dried out enough that he could actually go out in the sunshine for a little while.  So he chased the ducks a little while ( I have a small herd of 8) and ran up and down the small hill which is the back yard.  He got his fill of fresh air then came back in to play with Uncle Fitz's Thomas the Train wooden set.  We had the track in a figure 8 on the coffee table and boy were those trains a movin!  Tuckered him out so he had to crawl up with Mamaw on the couch and have a little nap where he still was when Mom and Dad came back from the movies. 

Although I didn't get to create anything today, I have a card I made a couple of days ago I thought I would share, a little wistful (not a misspelling!) thinking on my part of late summer days.

I started with linen cardstock, it's from a Bazzil and it came from open stock and I don't know the color, should pay more attention before I cut them up......and then added the "Lavender Rosebuds" paper by Paper Pizzaz.  Next is some white cardstock that I distressed with Ranger's Bundled Sage Ink and some lavender colored scrap paper, name and brand unknown, that I used a Recollection's border punch on both sides.  I then took a strip of white cardstock and worked in the background colors with a sponge (Ranger's Distress Inks...Tumbled glass, Wild Honey, and more Bundled Sage) and then used some assorted grass stamps, again with the Distress Inks to get that faded look in Wild Honey, Tea Dye, and Bundled Sage.  Time for the focus stamp, Solidago Sprig by Rubber Stampede.  I used some Liquid Applique and made tiny dots over the dots on the flower to give it the 3D effect and colored them with Copid markers in different shades of Violet.  Then matted it on a rich brown cardstock, adhered it with Dimensional tape, added some ribbon, a bow and some pearls from Studio G.  Viola, a nice note card...Ooops forgot about the butterfly.....have to have a butterfly in there.  I took a Medium Butterfly punch from Fiskars and used it on some scrap black cardstock, folded it in half, took a smaller Butterfly stamp from Inkadinkado, colored in the wings and cut them apart and glued them to the black, positioned it on the card and added a little antennae with a black Fine Sharpie.  Sorry for boring you, but from other Blogs I think you have to get the credits in there!  Will try to simplify it in the future. 

That's my offering for the day, hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment