Monday, February 28, 2011

Here's todays card......It didn't work out like I had intended it to.  I guess I didn't think far enough in advance, but it started out as a Mojo Monday sketch and I thought I would do a 5x5 inch card since it had to be round or square, but had not yet decided on what stamp to use for the sentiment.  Why did it have to be a sentiment you may ask.  It's like this.....try finding a St. Patty's day stamp that is not a shamrock..good luck of the Irish to you.  It is a much overlooked holiday in the stamping world.  OK, it's not a holiday but I still like to make cards for it.....I love green......I love the Celtic knots.....I must have a dominant Irish gene in there somewhere....although I've heard it said that the Irish don't celebrate half as much as we do, which is strange being that St. Patrick is their Patron Saint.  Anyway, after doing the  background and the little strip that goes across, I moved on to the circle part of the sketch, so far so good....then comes the sentiment.  I liked this one and I haven't used it yet so I made my decision and measured it to see how big a square I needed....oh dear.....3 inches, having come too far to quit I tried it anyway.  It's too big for the layout, it covers up the pretty Celtic knot strip and most of the border punch on the top of it.  I put it all together anyway since I had no other idea.  It's growing on me, but I know it's not right.  Let me know what you think.  I'm not going to submit this one for Mojo Monday....I'll have to make another or just pass this week... depends on what tomorrow brings!




And I don't know how I picked up the red tint, I have a little spot
I use as a backdrop to take photos of the cards and none of the rest have
a tint like this.  Guess it's not my day!

And here is the sketch, I left out the tag on the circle part because it would
have covered up part of the blessing.





No comments:

Post a Comment