Thursday, August 4, 2016

Mojo459

I haven't posted to Mojo Monday for quite a few weeks, been doing my own thing and problems with my little photo area........life happens.  But I started one today and got it finished, may even do another one tomorrow, I really like this sketch.






I got a new light above my craft area...5 bulbs!  I can see.  I put in daylight bulbs and now my pictures don't have that yellowish cast to them.

This is so not traditional but I had this snowflake paper and if you look real close on the bottom right of the tag, you can see that it has green snowflakes mixed in with the blue.  there is also one peeking out on the top right corner if you look real close.  It's too bad that I'm so miserly or I would have cut it so there would be more showing and the others got covered up with stuff.  The plaid paper just makes me happy and it matched which made me even happier.  I really, really wanted some striped paper  but I couldn't find any in the right colors in my stash so I made some of my own.  I taped my white CS down on my cutting mat at a 45 degree angle and just lined my steel ruler up with the lines on the grid and drew lines with the broad tip on my Copics.  Turned out perfect.  Where there's a will there's a way.  Anyway, the plaid paper is DCWV and I believe so is the blue snowflake paper.  I had a strip of very light green glitter paper in my Christmas folder that just begged to be used here....now if I could just remember where it came from........I cut the large snowflake (Sixxiz) out of the striped paper then matted to some matte silver CS from Kanban with the Glitter paper sandwiched in between.  I stamped (Verve, Holiday Treats) and embossed (A la Mode clear sparkle) the tag and added a sweet little bow.  I finished it off with some snowflakes (Heartfelt Creations Snow Kissed Collection)  mounted on Dimensional foam.  I haven't done the inside yet but I mounted the snowflake that was cut out of the striped paper to a square piece of the glitter paper and it's going in somehow.  I almost forgot to mention that both the snowflakes and tag have coordination dies, there's no way I could fussy cut that well!

Thanks for stopping by, if you have a minute, check out my last couple of posts to see what else I've been working on...there's a gift bag and a couple of cards.  Comments are always appreciated but not required.

Happy Crafting

1 comment: